Before and After Waxing: What to Know and the BenefitsUnlike shaving, waxing removes the entire hair follicle or root. If you wax consistently every two to four weeks, the hair can begin to take four to six weeks to grow back.
Benefits: The hair will be much thinner and finer with smaller, more shallow roots and over time the follicle will no longer produce a blood supply which means hair removal will become permanent. You will also see more glow. Hair removal exfoliates the skin, produces a softer outgrowth with no more rough stubble, reduces ingrown hairs, takes two to four weeks to grow back, is permanent over time and no more razor burn or cuts from the traditional razor!
Considering waxing for a special event? If you're a first-time waxer, I recommend waxing at least one month prior to your event, as a test. Skin types react differently to waxing so if you have little to no reaction, it's safe to get waxed again a few days before the event.
The Brazilian wax is one of the most common waxes performed. It is a technique that removes all the hair from the bikini area. The Brazilian was is the cleanest and barest of all bikini waxes. Results vary depending on hair growth rate, but usually lasts four to six weeks.
Please allow a quarter inch of growth before your visit. This makes for a cleaner wax and reduced tweezing. Do not apply self-tanner, moisturizer, any abrasive facial or body scrub or any product that dries the skin. If you have any questions about appropriate products, please call ahead of time and one of our trained professionals will gladly assist you.
Please, no sunbathing 48 hours prior to hair removal.
Note: Some products are contra-indicated for waxing. Please check with your doctor prior to your appointment. Internal medication such as Accutane and topicals that include Retin-A, Salicylic Acid, Clycolic Acid, Differin, Tazorac, Avage, Strivetic, Renova, ProActive, Avita, Benzoyl Peroxide can enhance skin sensitivity that could lead to lifting of the skin when removing hair.
After-Wax CareMost clients do not experience reactions beyond redness and minor irritation. Please follow these guidelines to minimize irritation:
- DON'T go in the sun immediately after waxing and wear sunscreen. Recently waxed areas are prone to hyper-pigmentation (permanent darkening of the skin) if exposed to the sun, and sunburn.
- DON'T use any oily or fragrance products for 24 hours.
- DON'T do any heavy exercise for at least 24 hours after waxing.
- DON'T go in saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools and other heated sources for at least 48 hours, due to possible bacterial infection.
- DON'T use exfoliating products or loofahs for at least 24 hours after waxing. After that, it is important to exfoliate. Regular exfoliation may be helpful, especially on the leg and bikini areas to help avoid bumps and ingrowns.
- DON'T wear tight clothing after waxing.